My Blog List

Friday, September 3, 2010

dot dot dot critique

I have learned about the gestalt theory in the past, but that was just the terms.  After finishing the dot dot dot project I have a greater understanding of gestalt by applying it rather to my personal work, rather than just memorizing the terms.  The group and I felt that I had a good variety throughout all 40 sketches.  I got some comments that I had to many large circles and that I needed more negative space, and after looking over the final 16, I agree.  The group chose my single best pieces for each category and I decided to use those as my final 4 because I thought they had a good distinction between each other.  Overall, the project was very tedious with drawing the 6”x6” pieces and coloring them, but it was fun and worth the experience and knowledge that I gained from it. 
As far as the other members of the groups project, they’re very well done as well.  Most of them had a good variety and I was able to tell which drawing belonged in each category.  This project was fun but I don’t think I could work with dot for a living.  Thanks to the group members for giving me an honest critique on my work, I always enjoy hearing what people have to say about it. 
Final 4 mounted Gestalt pieces. 
          

1 comment:

  1. :)

    i to learn best from practical application vs memorization.

    ReplyDelete