My Blog List

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

16 Mark Making Sketches

100 Parallel Line

I used several Q-Tips to make a long continuous line across the page.  I added perpendicular lines to make the piece more interesting.   

I used a Q-Tip to make many parallel lines across the page using weight and length.

I used the dropped in the ink bottle to create lines.  The dark lines are when the dropper had a lot of ink on it.  It gives the piece more character.

I drew 100 slightly curved lines going up on the page using Q-Tips.

100 Lines With One Tool

I used a tissue to create overlapped textured lines.

I used I Q-Tip to make 100 overlapped curved lines.

I used a Q-Tip to make lines varying from dark and very curved to light a slightly curved.

I used the dropper from the ink bottle to creak several curved lines in varied directions going up the page.

Twirled Marks

I used a rose and made many circles across the page.  I created a good variety of shades and texture.

I used a rose and moved it in several directions as it went across the page.

I used a slightly scrunched rose and moved it across the page in three directions while making tight circles.

I used a scrunched up rose and dabbed it many times on the paper to create two triangles.

 Taped White Areas

I used a rose to create the circle texture around the white space.

I used a tissue to create textured lines around the white space.

I used a tissue to go around the white space with a single line.

I used a tissue to go around the white space with a single line and create my initials.


No comments:

Post a Comment